Registration for our 2016 sponsored walk is now open!
ONLY OPEN UNTILL 1ST FEBRUARY! Less than a week left to register.
We are changing the process a little this year. As we are only offering 6 places on this years walk we wanted a fair way to pick the participants. So this is how it will happen:
- Register your interest – email email@example.com to register your interest.
Please only do this if you are genuinely interested or able to take part. Dates for the trip are below. Please be aware this walk is not suitable for anyone with mobility problems due to the terrain of the battlefields. This is a women only walk…(sorry guys, but please keep an eye out as we may organise an event that you can take part in too)
- Registration will be open until 1st February 2016
- All registered names will be put into a ballot and 6 names will be chosen as the first participants.
- All remaining names will be drawn as standbys just incase any of the first 6 have to pull out for any reason.
- Everyone who has registered will be contacted in the first week of February. You will be informed if you are either a first or standby participant. First participants will also receive their registration documents.
- If any first participants cannot make the walk then the standby participants will be contacted and offered a place.
- The first participants will pay their registration fees and return their completed registration forms. All registration money and forms must be in by 1st March. If a participant fails to have their fees paid by then the next standby participant will be contacted and offered a place.
- Confirmation emails will be sent on receipt of payment. You will now receive your fundraising pack.
- Start your fundraising!
Ok, so now you need to know when the walk is and how much you need to pay.
The walk will take place as usual in France along the Battlefields of The Somme. This year we have a qualified guide for the duration of the walk who is also an avid historian, so you will learn lots of interesting facts about the battlefields as you walk them. Accommodation is on a half board basis. Please be aware the terrain of the battlefields is uneven and depending on the weather may be muddy and slippery. Due to this the walk is unsuitable for those with mobility problems. The terrain is also unsuitable for wheelchair users. You will cover approximately 20-30km in total.
The dates you need to be available are from Thursday 29th September to Monday 3rd October 2016.
We will pick all participants up from Folkestone on the morning of Thursday 29th September at 9am. Participants will be dropped back at Folkestone on the afternoon of Monday 3rd October. It is your responsibility to make your own travel arrangements to and from Folkestone. All travel from Folkestone to France and back will be provided by Wenches In Trenches – Roses Of No Mans Land.
A registration fee of £350 is payable to secure your offered place. This covers travel costs, accommodation costs, food that is included in the trip, guides costs and administration costs.
All participating walkers must raise a minimum of £500 each. This must be paid by 1st September 2016.
Once you have registered and paid your fee you will receive a confirmation email with more detailed information on the trip, including accommodation info, fundraising information and your kit list.
We look forward to an exclusive and exciting walk this year and we hope you can join us.
So to register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org today!